Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Working on Nordic Realms 0.3.0

I have decided not to release any more patches for the Nordic Realms tech-demo (version 0.2.x). I am currently working on the first playable (well.. Somewhat playable) version of the game (0.3.0). It will feature things like a skill system, one playable class (Warrior), a great amount of items, more NPC's, more quests, improved networking, much improved GUI, geo-mipmapping and more animations. A great 3D-artis has joined the team, but because we lack a 2D-artist, development of version 0.3.0 will go somewhat slow. Especially pixel art will be needed, so if you have experience in crafting small images, send us an email.

3 comments:

DX Jas said...

Looks pretty cool. When you said pixel artist were you talking about textures? Let me know.
Jason
my 3D programming blog if you're intersted

BTW: I'm writing a 3D editor and I'm always looking for some people to play with it. Let me know if you're interested and when I have a release I'll let you know.

Auron said...

Some one to make textures would also be nice, but what we also need is a pixel artist. A pixel artist is someone who can make small detailed 2D images. This could be a 64*64 pixel image of an item (Posion, weapon, shield etc.).

I would love to have a look at your 3D editor, but i don't think we need it for the game. I have already coded a very nice 3D editor that we are currently using to create the game world with. But thank you very much for the offer. If you relese somthing, write it on your blog and i will check it out :)

Unknown said...

Hi Would you ever relase your code for nordic realms? seems like the project died